• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surprise Unwanted Visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JABJK

Then you need to be careful about letting the child play outside without supervision.
He can't play outside without supervision anyway. The thing is though that even if I'm out there mom and grandma don't care and they will stop anyway. Grandma says she is blood and I am nothing so it's not up to me. This kid has PTSD already from abuse that happened on visits to moms. Is there anything I can do about her going behind my back and ignoring the court order or approaching us in public? Is it contempt since the court order specifically says "ONLY AT _______ school playground on Tuesdays from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm." ?

JABJK

By your explanation of things, this visit was supervised by the neighbor. I'm not sure I understand how this would be contempt. You really need to do what you can to get an attorney.
It is supposed to be supervised by me and the court order says ONLY at the school playground and that she has to give 24 hour notice that she will be there on Tuesdays from 6-8. She didn't give any notice, it wasn't at the playground, it wasn't supervised by me, and it wasn't on the right day or time. I've contacted legal services to see if they can help but they don't typically help with custody issues. You guys have never steered me wrong so I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction. This forum is actually where I learned how to get custody of him in the first place.

LdiJ

It is supposed to be supervised by me and the court order says ONLY at the school playground and that she has to give 24 hour notice that she will be there on Tuesdays from 6-8. She didn't give any notice, it wasn't at the playground, it wasn't supervised by me, and it wasn't on the right day or time. I've contacted legal services to see if they can help but they don't typically help with custody issues. You guys have never steered me wrong so I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction. This forum is actually where I learned how to get custody of him in the first place.
The reality of thing is that It does not matter what grandma thinks, she has no rights. The reality of things is that the court orders regarding mom require her to give you 24 hour notice that she will exercise supervised visitation where and when it supposed to happen. You have no obligation to cooperate with anything else.

Depending on whether or not you own your house, you might want to consider moving so that neither mom nor grandma have your address.

JABJK

The reality of thing is that It does not matter what grandma thinks, she has no rights. The reality of things is that the court orders regarding mom require her to give you 24 hour notice that she will exercise supervised visitation where and when it supposed to happen. You have no obligation to cooperate with anything else.

Depending on whether or not you own your house, you might want to consider moving so that neither mom nor grandma have your address.

Mom is allowed to have my phone number and address. She gives it to grandma. Grandma is not mentioned in the court order so I know she doesn't have rights but it seems there is nothing I can do about her showing up at my house anyway. She has even come in to my house uninvited twice in the past and the police said since she left when I told her to there is nothing they can do. Grandma said she Will see him no matter what I say. Short of keeping the poor kid locked up in the house it seems she is right.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Mom is allowed to have my phone number and address. She gives it to grandma. Grandma is not mentioned in the court order so I know she doesn't have rights but it seems there is nothing I can do about her showing up at my house anyway. She has even come in to my house uninvited twice in the past and the police said since she left when I told her to there is nothing they can do. Grandma said she Will see him no matter what I say. Short of keeping the poor kid locked up in the house it seems she is right.
What is the danger of Grandma stopping by your house if you are there? Are you making too much out of this? I am not saying you should send the child to grandma's house but what is the danger of grandma seeing her grandson at your house? And ignore Ld's advice of moving so that Mom doesn't have your address. ohio law requires notice of any address be given to the other parties in a custody issue.

HRZ

Check the points with those qualified .

1. You need not suffer trespassers at your home : direct them in writing not to trespass in manner consistent with state law , call police if they do trespass.

2.Persons , especially non parents, who interfere with the lawful custodial person and child may be into criminal violations of state law ( not just civil violations

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">