• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surprize Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rghjudi

New York is state where it's all hapening.
I was not until my sister ( trustee) was petioned for accountability when she produced a copy of a Power of Attorney supposedly signed by my mother. I know my mother would not have signed it, there was no need because everything was to be share & are alike, divided right down the middle.
I never knew this POA existed until 22 months after death, but it has my name in it as an agent( the last person named when no one else would accept) I was never notified my name was in it or of its existence, for what purpose do you thin? All the blanks are filled in by my sister, and I question my mothers signature . What do I have to do to see the original POA, as I only have been given a copy, in addition I have only seen a copy of the will.
My sisters son is second trustee of the the supposed will, shouldn't he have been named a position in the POA?
I believe there is an ulterior motive with my name being used, what could it be? My sister has just about screwed me out of everything

M

Meursault

First of all the reason you haven't gotten a response to this thread is because it should have been posted in the general wills/estate section.

Now, as to the power of attorney. A power of attorney dies when the issuer dies. Therefore, you need to begin immediately with speaking with a probate attorney about the handling of the estate and move to set aside the power of attorney.

From the basics of your post, you have done neither.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">