• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Survey censorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rylann

I live in illinois. I go to this one restaurant all the time but last time the service and food was bad. I always do the surveys for free food upgrades and theres about 7-10 questions. Generally I have nothing but good things to say, but I was really disappointed yesterday. So I put that I wasnt happy with the service and food and after those 2 questions the survey immediately ended. I wasnt allowed to give my typed comments or even complete the survey. I still got my survey code, but I wasnt allowed to voice my opinion in order to help them improve over time. They only allow good reviews to be fully completed. I'm just wondering if I have grounds to sue for censorship or not.

quincy

I live in illinois. I go to this one restaurant all the time but last time the service and food was bad. I always do the surveys for free food upgrades and theres about 7-10 questions. Generally I have nothing but good things to say, but I was really disappointed yesterday. So I put that I wasnt happy with the service and food and after those 2 questions the survey immediately ended. I wasnt allowed to give my typed comments or even complete the survey. I still got my survey code, but I wasnt allowed to voice my opinion in order to help them improve over time. They only allow good reviews to be fully completed. I'm just wondering if I have grounds to sue for censorship or not.
A second "no" from me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My DH made a career of designing, administering, and analyzing the results of surveys. You're assuming that all surveys ask exactly the same questions no matter what the answers but that is not the case. The answers to certain questions will determine what other questions will be asked; the answers to the initial questions tell them what they want to know and what follow up questions they are looking for. You weren't censored; you told them the answers they wanted and they left it at that. It's how the survey was designed. They are looking for certain information and the questions you answered told them what they wanted to know. No one ever promised that they would listen to your opinion every time you wanted to give it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">