• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended Driver's License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tadmartin223

What is the name of your state? New York

Just got a letter today stating that my license will be suspended on Friday. But, I'm paying myt CS and arrears. I went to court in May and the judge stated tha all CSE collection methods would be suspended because I showed proof that the arrears and obligations were being met (pay stubs).

I called my case worker and he tells me "The DMV needs 18-month work history, 4 recent pay stubs and 2004 tax return". Doesn't sound right to me. Isn't CSE reporting to DMV? Why would DMV need all of this info, when CSE clearly sees that payments are being made regularly? Sounds like they are trying to get an increase.

MtnMoon

tadmartin223 said:

Just got a letter today stating that my license will be suspended on Friday. But, I'm paying myt CS and arrears. I went to court in May and the judge stated tha all CSE collection methods would be suspended because I showed proof that the arrears and obligations were being met (pay stubs).

I called my case worker and he tells me "The DMV needs 18-month work history, 4 recent pay stubs and 2004 tax return". Doesn't sound right to me. Isn't CSE reporting to DMV? Why would DMV need all of this info, when CSE clearly sees that payments are being made regularly? Sounds like they are trying to get an increase.
Why don't you call the DMV and ask?

tadmartin223 said:

Something definitely doesn't sound right. The DMV doesn't care what you make, where you work or what you reported on your taxes. They only care about your driving privileges. However, CSE doesn't usually request the monetary information unless a request for a modification hearing has been submitted. Did your ex request a modification recently that perhaps you missed being notified of? Since you were just at court back in May, what was that for? Was it contempt or a modification hearing? Something's just not making sense. Can you call the caseworker back to get more details?

rzack

My husband had the same situation about few weeks ago. He called the CS office and they said they will inform the DMV to not suspended the Driving License. They don't ask any documents or whatsoever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">