• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended license and driving...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


yvonne r

In Pennsylvania...

My husband took my car for a drive, the tire blew out and he had an accident... usually no big deal, but my husband does not have a driver's license, it was suspended years ago.

My insurance company says it will not pay for any damages to the vehicle if my husband was driving and when I first got the insurance they made him sign some kind of paper to that effect. However, I did not let him use the vehicle... I have full coverage - limited tort and pay an outrageous amount a month for this coverage.

Is there anything I can do?

There was no property damage, no damage or injuries with other people... just my vehicle.




I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

There is this legal term called negligent entrustment. That if you negligently entrusted your vehicle to someone and they ruined it or had an accident, you were liable. In this situation, if you gave permission, you were liable and your insurance coverage would be null and void.

If he signed documentation to that effect and you can prove that you never gave him permission before and you didn't give him permission this time, perhaps you may be covered. I think you should talk with an accident attorney in your state who can try to handle this quickly and fairly with the insurance company.

Try attorneypages.com or contact your state bar association (411) and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential