• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended license & Complaint on Case Worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JerichoD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Washington State

I am a non custodial parent, I have been on and off work since 2008. I called the case worker back in 2008 told them i will be laid off in a month. I asked if there are any information of how I can pay least amount, or what would happen now since I am being laid off. She told me to get a job. Then last year my license was about to get suspended, she told me no matter what i do it will be suspended. She told me to pay the whole amount in full. So that my license wont get suspended. Even though it shows on papers that I have the right to talk to case worker in making small payments. I have talked to ADJ and granted me $50 a month on child support payment. I missed out on 1 month because I really didnt have anything and now they have suspended my license. I lost my papers last year in january and i have just recently gotten my paperworks to work. Is there way for me to reinstate my license? Can I make a complaint to this Case Worker, because I have just recently found that there's a way to modifiy child support and havent known this.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So.... In six years, you have been unable to find any steady, gainful employment? Where have you been working?

The provblem you have is that you relied on someone else w/o educaring yourself and finding out what you're required to do, legally. You could file for a modification through the court, but that will probably not be back-dated, which eon't help you in the ere and now w/your license being reinstated. How much do you owe for that to happen? Any way to borrow the money? Family, friends?

commentator

Your caseworker is not obligated to give you legal advice. In fact, it's frowned upon. There is no compunction for them to tell you how to get your child support lowered or deferred. An attorney would be good to give this sort of help, or even checking on internet sites would have helped you educate yourself. Some case workers will be nice to you and give you helpful suggestions, and some won't. It sometimes has to do with how well you have worked with them and how it appears to them you have tried to do the right thing. But what you're talking about is very subjective, no, you can't sue or "file a grievance" against him/her for not telling you something they weren't required to tell you.

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Washington State

I am a non custodial parent, I have been on and off work since 2008.
And what have you done since 2008 to obtain employment?

I called the case worker back in 2008 told them i will be laid off in a month. I asked if there are any information of how I can pay least amount, or what would happen now since I am being laid off. She told me to get a job.
True. If you get laid off, most CSED won't initiate a modification if you have some sort of steady work history, unless you request it.

Then last year my license was about to get suspended, she told me no matter what i do it will be suspended. She told me to pay the whole amount in full. So that my license wont get suspended.
They waited until this year?? I'm surprised that they gave you SIX YEARS of grace. And yes, in order to reinstate, the state can tell you to pay the past due support in full.

Even though it shows on papers that I have the right to talk to case worker in making small payments. I have talked to ADJ and granted me $50 a month on child support payment. I missed out on 1 month because I really didnt have anything and now they have suspended my license. I lost my papers last year in january and i have just recently gotten my paperworks to work.
I'm guess your papers don't say that you have the right to make smaller payments. It's my guess that you have the right to request a payment plan with smaller payments, however the county or state agency is not bound by law to agree to smaller payments.

Is there way for me to reinstate my license?
Yes. Pay your past due child support in full, or make and keep a payment plan with the enforcing agency,

Can I make a complaint to this Case Worker, because I have just recently found that there's a way to modifiy child support and havent known this.
Your court order would indicate that you have the right to modify your support order. It is not the agency's duty to inform you of this. It is your duty to know and understand the legal papers you have and the court orders you are bound by.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">