• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended license- former criminal court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Badams1408

Ohio- so i was at work (driven by my gf but she left the car for my breaks) and i decided to back up closer to the door bumped into another car. Come to find out im suspended which i didn't know and facing court on the 23rd. The part im wondering is can it be dismissed since i wasnt aware? Because im on probation for a crime and it is no illegal activitie for 1 year and i dont know if it will be effected.

quincy

Ohio- so i was at work (driven by my gf but she left the car for my breaks) and i decided to back up closer to the door bumped into another car. Come to find out im suspended which i didn't know and facing court on the 23rd. The part im wondering is can it be dismissed since i wasnt aware? Because im on probation for a crime and it is no illegal activitie for 1 year and i dont know if it will be effected.
You weren't aware your license was suspended? How come?

Bumping into a car while driving on a suspended license would be a violation of your probation, yes. Whether your probation will be revoked is a question mark. You might want to discuss it with an attorney in your area.

Do you have car insurance?

Badams1408

You weren't aware your license was suspended? How come?

Bumping into a car while driving on a suspended license would be a violation of your probation, yes. Whether your probation will be revoked is a question mark. You might want to discuss it with an attorney in your area.

Do you have car insurance?
I was never informed of suspension so i got blindsided but even then its private parking?
And yes insured

quincy

Thank you for answering my question.

Here is a link to the law (ORC 4510.11): http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4510.11

You violate the driving on a suspended license law if you drive with a suspended license on public roads, on highways, or on public or private property used for public travel or for parking.

Your license could have been suspended for a variety of reasons (DUI, failure to appear in court, failure to pay fines, too many points ..,) but you should have been notified by the BMV of the suspension.

Depending on facts, you could be facing a misdemeanor, 6 months in jail, and a fine up to $1000. And revocation of your probation.

I am not sure how likely the charge or probation revocation are.

It would be smart to speak to an attorney in Ohio.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

How fortuitous that you girlfriend drove you to work and left the car there for you on your breaks . Walked back home after taking you to work, did she? That's totally believable..NOT. I suspect you DID know your license is suspended which is why you're claiming your girlfriend drove you to work but conveniently left the car for you for your breaks.:rolleyes:

quincy

How fortuitous that you girlfriend drove you to work and left the car there for you on your breaks . Walked back home after taking you to work, did she? That's totally believable..NOT. I suspect you DID know your license is suspended which is why you're claiming your girlfriend drove you to work but conveniently left the car for you for your breaks.:rolleyes:
There are some parts of his story that are less believable than others. That is one good reason for him to have an attorney and let the attorney speak for him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">