• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspending child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? PA Just asking a ?? for a friend. Her ex is court ordered to pay CS. He had surgery and hasn't worked therefore she hasn't rec'd any support in 2 mos. She say DR told her that because of the surgery that he isn't responsible to pay the support until he is back to work. Huh? THe kids still have to eat, right? And I thought that only a new court order/judge could suspend CS? She can't afford a lawyer. DR also told her that he wouldn't be responsible for any back support due to this. Is this correct?


Thank you for your reply. I didn't find anything specific pertaining to my friend's situation, but I will send her the link so she can peruse it herself. The only reason I used DR instead of spelling it out is because I see it referred to it that way so many times in this forum and thought it was common knowledge for those who post replies. Sorry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential