• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension of driving privileges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Nancy Manzo

New Jersey - my 28 year old son lost his driver's license in December, 2000 for 6 months. We paid off the lien on the vehicle, dropped the insurance and garaged the vehicle. He has now received a letter from the Division of Motor Vehicles stating that his driving privilges were suspended because he did not review his registration. How can we renew his registration when he does not have insurance or a valid driver's license. Also, how does he go about getting his license back? Will they send him a letter or does he wait for 6 months from the date of suspension and then go to the Division of Motor Vehicles. Thank you for your help.

Nancy M.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential