• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Swimming Pool Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KatBabe6

I had my inground pool repaired two years ago. It was time for a new vinyl liner and the deck on one end had dropped due to the ground settling. Concrete had to be replaced and the wall repaired. The total cost was about $3k out of my pocket. I didn't use the pool last year due to watering restrictions in the county. This year I have uncovered the pool and found the deck dropped again, about 8 inches of vinyl pulled away from the wall and a hollow place behind the vinyl on the repaired wall.
I feel certain the ground is being disturbed so much because the backyard and pool area is behind a small shopping center where 18-wheelers rumble thru with deliveries and the garbage trucks pick up the dumpsters and slam them back to the ground. I can feel those inside my house. I have small fractional cracks in the walls inside!
Do I chase the pool company for re-repair or is it possible to go after the garbage truck company? Somebody else needs to pay this one. Or will my homeowners insurance cover it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">