• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Switching insurance companies and possibility of a claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwebb37

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
My business insurance is up for renewal next month. I am a plumber and a couple of months ago I had an issue of a leak at a condo that did some damage to the unit below. I have been told that there may be a claim filed on my business insurance. If I change companies when I renew and the claim does not get filed until after I have changed, which insurance company is responsible. The one that I had when the damage occurred or the one I have when the claim is filed? I hope this makes sense.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
My business insurance is up for renewal next month. I am a plumber and a couple of months ago I had an issue of a leak at a condo that did some damage to the unit below. I have been told that there may be a claim filed on my business insurance. If I change companies when I renew and the claim does not get filed until after I have changed, which insurance company is responsible. The one that I had when the damage occurred or the one I have when the claim is filed? I hope this makes sense.
The one that was effective at the time of the damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">