• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sworn testimony that my UAW representatives lied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leighton Walton

What is the name of your state? I'm in Michigan.
In 1999 an incident occurred at the Big 3 facility I work at that resulted in my being wrongfully terminated. (That was the finding of the Michigan Employment Security Commission, twice.) To make a very long story short I will fast forward to a deposition that was conducted by my attorney of a woman who made numerous false statements about me and was caught each time. The most glaring was that I called her home, made threats to her, and that my name appeared on her caller ID. What she didn't realize was that I live in an area that would make such a call long distance and, of course, that means it would appear on my telephone bill. At her deposition nearly two years later (she was very reluctant to talk, as you can imagine) she admitted telling people in plant management and the UAW that my first name appeared on her caller ID but that it was my two UAW representatives who actually fabricated the rest of the false accusation. This woman clearly states under oath the names of the two individuals and that they conspired to keep me out of work. I was terminated and out of work for 11 months. I had to file bankruptcy. Like so many others I have seen on websites concerning UAW wrongdoing, I was treated to an iron curtain of disdain by the UAW who circled the wagons around these two committee people. I was ignored and belittled and the absolutely solid evidence of my innocence was staunchly ignored. My wife and I are wondering where you would go with this? By the way, I did get my job back but only after hiring an attorney.

Last edited:

John/nyc

Get a copy of your union's constitution and your local's by-laws (if any) and see what they say about bringing charges against officers and fellow members.

What does your attorney say about this?

L

Leighton Walton

John, thanks for your reply

I am now looking into the UAW constitution. The thing is though that there are so many instances where the 'democratic way' has been met with sensless violence within the UAW that there is a bit of a fear factor. I have a family. But I also have an unshakable will and I intend to see this through to a positive outcome. Hopefully, in next years Local elections (2005) some of the monsters responsible for my situation will be voted out.
I have been to an attorney. He helped me get my job back but it was so financially draining that we couldn't go into the areas of plausibility on the part of UAW reps. But there is always hope. Thanks again for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">