• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking an inmates rights to a child away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?north carolina. i am engaged to be married and my fiance and her ex have a two year old in common,he is currently serving time for child molestation among other felony charges . my question is this how difficult would it be to take his rights away i want to adopt the child and raise him as my own any help with this would be greatly appreciated thank you.


Senior Member
You will have to be married for so long before you can adopt. Each state has its own requirements, all you need to do is google for that info.
Since he has been convicted of sex crimes against a child, that makes your case easier.
I recommend going to an atty that offers free consults and give them the details of your situation. They will be able to give you the best advice in reguards to the probability of winning a TPR.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential