• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking kids out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cryket

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am not yet divorced nor am i legally seperated...but i am planning on leaving my husband...and my concern is about taking the kids out of state...

When i leave him in order for me to get the financial as well as emotional support that i need i need to move back home to oregon where my family can help me get back on my feet...i dont know anyone in arizona...except my husband...

But i dont know if i can legally do this...or do i have to get full custody or whatever of them in order to leave...or since we are still legally together...does the government not care...

just dont want to do anything illegal that would hurt my chances for custody

H says that he wont fight for custoday...at least he did in past conversations...but im told that will change when the divorce becomes a reality to him

so just want to have it all straight....ty

LegalBeagle

cryket said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am not yet divorced nor am i legally seperated...but i am planning on leaving my husband...and my concern is about taking the kids out of state...

When i leave him in order for me to get the financial as well as emotional support that i need i need to move back home to oregon where my family can help me get back on my feet...i dont know anyone in arizona...except my husband...

But i dont know if i can legally do this...or do i have to get full custody or whatever of them in order to leave...or since we are still legally together...does the government not care...

just dont want to do anything illegal that would hurt my chances for custody

H says that he wont fight for custoday...at least he did in past conversations...but im told that will change when the divorce becomes a reality to him

so just want to have it all straight....ty
With no court orders, you can up and leave the state. However, should hubby file in the AZ court system, then you will have to defend the action in that state, not OR.

You have obviously thought about the impact to the children of riping their father out of their lives??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">