• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tammy8 see my earlier post please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

ProResearch

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Tammy (and others who regularly frequent this Board), would you take a look at my 8/24 post and let me know what you think as an insurance person? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanx and have a grrrreat week!

~Diane~

tammy8

Sorry Diane, but I have no clue about personal injury claims as I try to stick soley to property damage. Have you spoken to your own insurance company, asking them advice? I find sometimes the personal injuries adjusters will give people a head's up especially when it is not a claim they are paying out? Good luck to you and sorry I can't be of any help.

P

ProResearch

Thank you anyway, tammy8, for your Reply.

What I was looking for was some advice in the "negotiation dance" as it may be called. Although it might be naiive on my part to try first negotiations with a professional insurance adjuster surely trained to minimize what its company pays out, I have done tons of research and have somewhat of a natural ability to negotiate things.... That being said, the adjuster for at the at-fault driver's insurance company called this morning while I was out running errands. She left a message on my machine. So as far as the time question on my deadline, it is now a moot issue.

So for anyone that reads this later, the following website contains a series of articles which helped greatly in settlement and negotiating practices (as well as tons of other info when doing searches on the Internet, using search terms like "negotiation dance," obstacle negotiation," conflict negotiation," "negotiating steps," etc. and of course without the quotes.

http://www.howardnations.com/settlement/sec-01.html

Of course, there is always the option of filing a lawsuit when your (my) negotiation skills are exhausted and still no satisfactory settlement is reached. It's good to have an attorney "in your back pocket" in that case ;-)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">