• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taping meetings without consent from all parties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherbear620

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland

I am having problems at work that may lead to my possible termination. I am a tenured employee in a county school system. By the nature of my job, I am in a number of buildings with different administrators. I also have a job specific supervisor. All can have requirements, etc and often they do not coincide. However, my biggest issue is that my job specific supervisor is inconsistant and will state one thing in a meeting with just me and then deny that it was said. She will tell me how to a certain job one way and then the next tell me it is not correct and that she had never told me to do it that way. A friend has made the suggestion that I tape our meetings. I do not think she will allow me to tape them if I ask. So my question is: Is it legal to tape the meeting without her knowledge and/or consent.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">