• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Deductions in S.C.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I've written before.....but forgot to ask, can we claim any of the 3 children that live with his ex on our taxes? Or what's the laws in S.C.?


Under the Radar Member
I'm assuming you mean federal taxes, so SC law won't matter a whit. You can check the IRS website, but generally if the parents were married, the CP is the one entitled to take the deduction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential