• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I'm ahigh school student and I'm doing enrolled in a business calss where our semester objective is to open a business. My classmates and I decided to use the idea of a Tattoo parlor. I've been searching for any information on the legal obligations that come along with this and so far nothing has turned up. What kind of taxes? what health regulations are pressed up parlors? Anything would help. [email protected]
Thank you




I would highly recommend going to a local tatoo parlor and asking them about the details.

State your state as the instructions above tell you to do so. Why? Each state has its own applicable law to each situation. Health law applies to this. Your state probably has a web site with health regulations on them or a phone # to call.

Correct all spelling in your message, why?
It looks more professional and most likely people will take you more seriously, here and wherever in the world you do business, especially at a tatoo parlor where a mispelled word = an unhappy customer with a tattoo that says "hyde mi"

Kick butt in school and ask the local tatoo business


You picked a difficult one; you'll learn a lot! You may have to comply with health codes, get a special license, & will have to carry huge liability & medical insurance (hepatitus is very communicable & drunken idiots will sue you after they sober up).

You'll have to pay federal corporate taxes (definitely want to incorporate to protect your personal assets) or register as an S-corp. You'll have to pay state business & occupations taxes. You may have to bribe the cops, depending on whether your tatoo parlor is legit or just a front for prostitution. ;) You may need a special zoning permit, depending on where you set up.

Good luck on the project.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential