• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax income lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


fortyisnot2 old

i filed a tax return for the year 2001 and lost it due to my soon to be ex husband and his lawyer delaying the divorce is there anything i can do?? the money i would have recieved was applied to his back taxes that were filed when we were together but he agreed to pay by verbaL agreement as long as i didn't go after our shared equity...can i get this money back?? And how??


Grandma B

"i filed a tax return for the year 2001"

I don't think so! We're not quite halfway through 2001 yet.


Yes and no. You can file an injured spouse form, however, if in the past you have ever consented to allow them to use your return to pay his debt, the IRS could tell you no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential