• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax on R.V. Park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdbravo34

What is the name of your state? Texas
A individual Representing (WORD) Water Oriented Recreation District Of Comal County approached our R.V. Park attendant today stating that they were a Taxing body and had the authorization to collect 5% of my gross income as stated in Texas Local Government Code 324.099.I have never heard of this tax.There is legislation regarding this, but it sounds ambiguous.Let me give it a shot. code:(District): means a park and recreation district.(Board) means the board of directors of a park district.(Fee) means a toll or any other charge.(Park) includes any land,including any improvement to the land that is adminstered,operated or managed by the District for the general public.(District Facility) includes any facility,land or improvement to the land whether it be temporary or permanent,that is owned, leased, or acquired by the district.Where does it say they can collect from me I own the Property I have not authorized them to adminster.operate, manage or do anything to my land? I just don't know, I need some insite maybe I'm not understanding this.www.hillcountrywatersports.com or www.capitol.state.tx.us/statues or Texas local government code 324.099

abezon

Well first, contact WORD to verify that this person was an employee & was sent to your park. I can see no legitimate reason for a gov't official to approach some minimum wage employee about the business's taxes. Then tell them you'd like copies of the laws on which they are basing this 5% tax.

Last edited:

mdbravo34

word tax

I researched the Texas Government Code under this legislation and found that if you are a Recreational Facility and lease on short term or less than 30 days then you would be taxed.I contacted (Word) explaining that our residence are long term tenants and do not fall within their jurisdiction they conceded that I would be exempt but also stated it would not be a bad idea to go ahead and apply for a RegisteredTax number just it case I might need it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">