• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenziezach

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska.

Currently live outside the city limits of Omaha, Nebraska. Last year were were forced to pay a "wheeltax" administered by the city of Omaha. I don't live in the city, I am not allowed to vote for the council members, and they don't allow me any input. What the city did was impose this "wheeltax" to everyone within three miles of the city limits, which now accounts for almost all of the county. How is a tax like this able to be administered to people who are not represented by the city. There was an incident on December 16, 1773 (Boston Tea Party) in which people fought against taxation without representation. I, of course don't have the legal means to fight this, and everyone I approach doesn't seem to know what to do. We all need a break from taxes, and with the City of Omaha in the brinks of a major monetary shortfall, they want to raise this tax from $45.00 a year to almost $70.00 a year for all of the vehicles one would own. I am really looking for someone to guide me in the right direction for what I should do.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">