• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes and Back Child Support...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? Colorado

My ex was upset in the first place that his taxes were taken nearly 6 months ago, and they held it all up, I just found out that they released his taxes - in which i was told by the case worker they were taking all but a few hundred, come to find out Friday, ex calls me up stating that he got 2/3 of it back -- about 1,000 and they only intercepted 1/3 to give to the state, and whatever was left would go to me... he is over 4,000 in arrears... how do they determine what amount should be paid for back support? I was under the understanding that they would take it all to put towards the arrears?


Senior Member
Is he married? If so and she filed "Injured Spouse", his spouse is entitled to a percent, some is her refund.
Last edited:


Yes he is married, and he told me that they didn't want to bother with the injured spouse, and i had asked him if they filed one, and he said that they didn't, so maybe they did do it after all... forgot about that. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential