• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes on SSI for minor child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? az

Our question is - My son 3 years old recieves SSI every months does not amount to much except his first check was 2190.00 where do/or do we put this on our taxes - He gets this because of a disability, do we get to mark disability on our tax papers ? THis is all new to me- The computer does my taxes



SSI is not taxable income, it is based on your earned income, meaning the more you earn the less your son's SSI will be.
No there is no place to mark for a disabled child, you will get the standard exemption and credits that you qualify for. In some cases, if you had to make modifications to your home for your son, then this can be used as deductions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential