• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes over 3 years old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? KS

I owe over $100,000 in past due taxes. Some are as old as 8 years and some as recent as 4 years. I have read that taxes over 4 years old are dischargable in a BK. I have now read they are near impossible to get discharged. I have tried the offer in comprise route and that did not work. Does anyone know?


Senior Member
In general, you can include back taxes but, a lot of conditions have to be present. You need to see a tax lawyer and a VERY experienced bk lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential