• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Technical School Won't Give Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyndym2001

Tennessee. I am furious at Techskills in Nashville, Tn. I was enrolled for 17 days at their institution and decided I did not like the method of which they taught, so I wrote a formal letter of withdrawal. In the contract according to the time frame that was spent there, I have to pay them 25% of the tuition which is $4,050, plus $100 administrative fee. They refund to me 75% of total tuition. OK, they were paid $5,100 three days after I enrolled. When I withdrew, the total I am to get refunded is $1,050. They have paid $605.08. Techskills still owes me $437.42. I have been trying to collect this since last January, when I withdrew. The BBB has even been involved, but has not helped recoup my money. Techskills is avoiding paying this remaining amount, even though they tell the BBB they will. This has been going on for 9 months now. How in the world do I get what is due me? Please!!!!! Any suggestions?

BelizeBreeze

cyndym2001 said:
Tennessee. I am furious at Techskills in Nashville, Tn. I was enrolled for 17 days at their institution and decided I did not like the method of which they taught, so I wrote a formal letter of withdrawal. In the contract according to the time frame that was spent there, I have to pay them 25% of the tuition which is $4,050, plus $100 administrative fee. They refund to me 75% of total tuition. OK, they were paid $5,100 three days after I enrolled. When I withdrew, the total I am to get refunded is $1,050. They have paid $605.08. Techskills still owes me $437.42. I have been trying to collect this since last January, when I withdrew. The BBB has even been involved, but has not helped recoup my money. Techskills is avoiding paying this remaining amount, even though they tell the BBB they will. This has been going on for 9 months now. How in the world do I get what is due me? Please!!!!! Any suggestions?
Your math is way off. The difference between what you paid and the amounts owed the school is only $950 of which you have been paid $605.08 which leaves a balance of $344.92.

Also, the better business bureau has not legal standing to do anything. What you need to do is to file a small claims action for costs and the remaining balance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">