• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Technology Bully?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

help0618

@help0618 I think I see your problem. You seem to have a problem communicating with those you are asking for help.
I contacted tech. I wouldn’t have bothered to post a question if I hadn’t gone through the normal channels first. We are having a misunderstanding: I’ll clarify. It seems like a new area with all the people who work from home. I wasn’t actually looking for help in the sense you mean. I would have asked a lawyer or gone to the state

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

I work from home in a sales role for a large corporation.

I signed into my computer last week and checked my sales stats. I was surprised to see they were not meeting goals because I had been above goal all month. I reached out to my supervisor and asked him to check the stats. My sales (which had been statistically accounted for) were no longer showing in the system. I gave him the information, which he verified, but the stats haven’t been corrected. I contacted technical support as he advised. They sent me a message to have him check my scorecard to see if he could see them (which seemed senseless: he can’t see anything different than I can on the scorecard.)

It is still not fixed after one week.

Next I checked sales call backs I had scheduled. The phone numbers had been removed from the client file. I had entered them: the initial call I made was entered in the account activity.

I couldn’t initially complete the application because the enrollment form wouldn’t load then the numbers were gone when I tried to call back. I had to reach out to my supervisor again.

There was a different tech support ticket created.

My supervisor visually checked the file and said it was unusual.

I have long suspected minor tech bullying but these incidents went beyond the norm.

What happened recently?

I found out from a complaining customer about a corporate political donation (he wanted the address to write a letter of complaint.) I did not discuss my personal opinion with the customer but I admit I was privately shocked and dismayed by it.

It is in contravention to my personal political position, which is not an online secret. I had made a political donation and participated in a public political event just before these two incidents.
While I do not doubt you, the problem I see is with showing that this isn't a glitch, and that you have been singled out by a specific party. You're seeing this as your employer trying to punish you for being open about your political beliefs. How do you know that it isn't some incel IT dude? It could even be someone outside the business who has hacked in and playing at random chaos.

The only practical advice I can offer is that you have to find a way to back up your records that 1. is independent of your employer's system, and 2. does not violate your employer's security policies. And keep reporting any discrepancies - create a paper trail.

help0618

I contacted tech. I wouldn’t have bothered to post a question if I hadn’t gone through the normal channels first. We are having a misunderstanding: I’ll clarify. It seems like a new area with all the people who work from home. I wasn’t actually looking for help in the sense you mean. I would have asked a lawyer or gone to the state
The title of the post is in the form of a question you know

help0618

If this was a legal area where workplace harassment is being defined and identified or if there were any persons who had insight into the problems inherent with this type of activity

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If this was a legal area where workplace harassment is being defined and identified or if there were any persons who had insight into the problems inherent with this type of activity
It is unclear what you are trying to communicate in this sentence fragment.

Based on your previous posts, I believe that this forum cannot effectively assist you.

help0618

While I do not doubt you, the problem I see is with showing that this isn't a glitch, and that you have been singled out by a specific party. You're seeing this as your employer trying to punish you for being open about your political beliefs. How do you know that it isn't some incel IT dude? It could even be someone outside the business who has hacked in and playing at random chaos.

The only practical advice I can offer is that you have to find a way to back up your records that 1. is independent of your employer's system, and 2. does not violate your employer's security policies. And keep reporting any discrepancies - create a paper trail.

It could be. You aren’t wrong.

It’s just the first time possible IT errors? made my income a target in a way that was obvious, which is what TXHB8 does by vigilante statute. It could be an individual IT tech.

I’ll keep a record on my own and through my supervisor. Thanks

quincy

Here is a link to Pennsylvania’s harassment law:
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.027.009.000..HTM

It is unlikely that the technical errors are linked to your political beliefs but it is not unheard of for employment to be terminated because of an employee’s political beliefs or because of what is posted on social media sites by an employee or because of an employee’s off-work activities.

I think you need to work with your employer’s tech wizards to get corrections made. And you might want to edit your public postings or make your postings private so they do not attract the attention of your boss.

If you are looking for blogging ideas, I think you might find better places to look. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">