• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Technology Bully?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

help0618

Here is a link to Pennsylvania’s harassment law:
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.027.009.000.HTM

It is unlikely that the technical errors are linked to your political beliefs but it is not unheard of for employment to be terminated because of political beliefs or because of what is posted on social media sites by an employee or because of an employee’s off-work activities.

I think you need to work with your employer’s tech wizards to get corrections made. And you might want to edit your public postings or make your postings private so they do not attract the attention of your boss.

If you are looking for blogging ideas, I think you might find better places to look. :)
My Twitter is private. My Facebook is deactivated. I’m not doing in person sales so it doesn’t impact the customers view to the product. I have a LinkedIn profile which they know: I attached it to my company resume. I haven’t changed it in months and I’ve gotten a raise and promotion since I submitted it.
The sales stats and customer phone numbers were there, then they weren’t. They still aren’t. I expect it to be fixed eventually but it’s a lot of wasted time

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My Twitter is private. My Facebook is deactivated. I’m not doing in person sales so it doesn’t impact the customers view to the product. I have a LinkedIn profile which they know: I attached it to my company resume. I haven’t changed it in months and I’ve gotten a raise and promotion since I submitted it.
The sales stats and customer phone numbers were there, then they weren’t. They still aren’t. I expect it to be fixed eventually but it’s a lot of wasted time
In other words - it's a glitch and will likely be corrected.

help0618

Nope. Phone numbers don’t get removed from customer files by glitch. As far as the sales stats, so far tech has verified neither my supervisor or I can see them. They haven’t said if they can, even though it was forwarded to them to look at.
Unprofessional nonsense in my opinion.

quincy

You are a smart internet user then. They are a rarity. :)

Facebook was down yesterday for 8-ish hours because of a technical glitch so even a technical staff of a multi-billion dollar company can have issues. It happens, it’s annoying, but, with luck, the problem will be remedied and all will be right in your world again.

Last edited:

quincy

I don’t know what you mean. Do you mean expansion of harassment law? It sounded oddly personal and off topic
No. There has been no expansion of the harassment law. PayrollHRGuy was referring to all of the events in the world - and I believe his response was intended to be funny. Your question (“what happened recently?”) was not, afterall, very specific. ;)

Last edited:

help0618

No. There has been no expansion of the harassment law. PayrollHRGuy was referring to all of the events in the world - and I believe it was intended to be funny. Your question was not, afterall, very specific. ;)
He couldn’t possibly know what I care about. I was trying to describe what happened because it’s a difficult thing to allege no matter how obnoxious it seems

quincy

He couldn’t possibly know what I care about. I was trying to describe what happened because it’s a difficult thing to allege no matter how obnoxious it seems
All any of us on this forum know is what you choose to tell us.

I can understand how frustrated you are with the computer errors but apparently your employer knows there is an issue and it is being worked on - albeit slower than you would wish.

You also might want to check your own computer to see if the problem could be on your end.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">