• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen custody for school year non parentI'm fo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I'm from Illinois (schaumburg) I have a very erratic work schedule and i do not have time to be with my 17yr old and give the attention and supervison she needs. I want a friend of mine to take care of my daughter through this last school year as I am unable to be home when she needs me. The problem is this friend lives in another school district than the one we currently attend. I was told all I need to do ios write a letter to the school informing them of this action. And that it will be ok. I am of the understanding that I am to give custody over to this friend for the school year.

Is this something I need a lawyer for, will I loose benifits from social security for my daughter as i am a widow....Can I just write out this letter and give this woman the rights
of all that concern my daughter? Do I get this notarized???

Help!! Email [email protected] ASAP Thanks Debbie


Senior Member
Do you mind me asking what you do for a living that is so important that you would give up your daughter?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential