• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teen in Dire Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kape239

What is the name of your state ? Florida

I have a very close friend that is in need of extreme help. This is confusing to explain but basically her parents (mom and step-dad) are trying to get her ARRESTED! She resently told me this in confidence. This has been going on for a while now. Since I've known her I can recall three or four occasions when I witnessed it in some way.
1)I was talking on the phone with her when the step dad started yelling. She tells me
she will call me back. Instead of a call she sends me a text messege saying she might
be getting arrested. Nearly an hour goes past when she calls me and explains that the
step father called the cops. When the cops arrive they found her in no wrong and told her to stay calm till she turns 18. Once the cops left she told the step father he was stupid
for calling them. Thats when he said "Then hit me you stupid bitch so they can take you
away."
2)My friend managed to get a tattoo. Her mother already knew she was planning it and
showed no major sign of caring. Well once she got it he mother sent her to our Juvenile
Detention Center and asked the police to put her in a program. The police told her
mother that there was no reason to arrest my friend and that all she had to provide was
shelter, food, and clothing.
3)This was actually the only incident my friend reacted on. Her and her step father were in
a heated arguement that lead her to making the dreadful mistake of hitting him. The
cops came, arrested her, and she had to go trough the whole court thing.
4)This incident actually happened a couple of hours ago. I'm not all that clear about what
happened but it must have been really bad cause it was ther first time she called me
crying. All she told me was that it was yet ANOTHER arguement with both her mom and
step father. She told me she threw a box of her clothing on the floor and her mother
started yelling she was calling the cops. She also said that this time she was going to
ask them put her in a program for good. But when then cops arrived nothing happened.
I will have to get more information for you later....

I am not sure why they put her through this but I really want to help. She helped motovate me to finish high school. And now that it is her senior year i want to make sure she graduates for school instead of behind cell bars. Please send me advice. Is there any possible way with this imformation that she can get emancipated?

moburkes

If she believes that she is being abused by her parents then she needs to call child protective services.

Nativity

She does not meet requirements for emancipation.

If she doesn't want her parents to continuously call the police maybe she should change her attitude, getting a tattoo without parental permission? Not the best or maturest of ideas just because her mom showed no care of it didn't mean she said "fine go get it." She most likely didn't care because she knew she would never consent to it.

Calling her Step-Dad stupid? Not a smart idea either. And then adding hitting into the mix, it makes her look unruly instead of the parents being neglectful. But by all means if you or better yet if she feels she's being mis-treated she has the option of contacting CPS in her area and report neglect/abuse/threats what have you. They will investigate and take steps further.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">