• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessapenrose

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I am 17 years old and my fiancee is 20 and in the Navy. We've been engaged for about 6 months. I have already completed high school and I live with my mother. I just found out I'm pregnant and my fiancee and I want to move the wedding date up and get married as soon as possible. My mother says she won't let me get married until I'm 18 even though I'm pregnant. Can I file for emancipation and if so will it go through before the baby is born in 7months?

BelizeBreeze

jessapenrose said:

I am 17 years old and my fiancee is 20 and in the Navy. We've been engaged for about 6 months. I have already completed high school and I live with my mother. I just found out I'm pregnant and my fiancee and I want to move the wedding date up and get married as soon as possible. My mother says she won't let me get married until I'm 18 even though I'm pregnant. Can I file for emancipation and if so will it go through before the baby is born in 7months?
By the time you get a court to hear your emancipation petition you will be 18. And filing such won't guarantee that you are allowed to become emancipated.

Deal with what you can now. That baby.

archagnealshe

IT wouldbe nice to be married before a baby is born but honestly it snot to important. A babe requires alot of preperation i know i wasnt ready for my son when he came into the world and i though i had it all figured out. Im not saying the marriage isnt improtant, but you honestly just need to wait and get ready for your child. Your world is about to change, but not for the worse its just going to get a lot more involved.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jessapenrose said:

I am 17 years old and my fiancee is 20 and in the Navy. We've been engaged for about 6 months. I have already completed high school and I live with my mother.
My response:

Which end of the trailer will you be using for the wedding reception? I hope it's the end with the basketball hoop!

IAAL

LdiJ

HomeGuru said:
**A: what the f? Could you have just waited to get a high school education before having sex?
The OP said that she had already completed high school in her first post. The poster you responded to isn't the OP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">