• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

telecheck fraud amazon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince516

just discovered someone was using my checking account credentials to ACH merchandise for their own use - several thousands $$ later I am trying to understand how telecheck allowed an unknown individual to use my checking account as a form of payment on their account? Will telecheck reimburse me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
just discovered someone was using my checking account credentials to ACH merchandise for their own use - several thousands $$ later I am trying to understand how telecheck allowed an unknown individual to use my checking account as a form of payment on their account? Will telecheck reimburse me?
What US state?
Why would telecheck reimburse you? Do they have a contractual obligation to do so?

quincy

How did the unauthorized person access your account information? Any idea?

vince516

I think it may have been a former employee here in Texas, who simply used the account info on his payroll check and added it as a method of payment on his amazon acct. - isn't telecheck supposed to prevent this from happening?

vince516

filed complaint, submitted a police report, talked w/ amazon, talked w telecheck...awaiting action, but this shouldn't be that easy, right?
while I need to monitor all my accts closer, telecheck and amazon can't let amateur thieves, steal this easily, right?

quincy

filed complaint, submitted a police report, talked w/ amazon, talked w telecheck...awaiting action, but this shouldn't be that easy, right?
while I need to monitor all my accts closer, telecheck and amazon can't let amateur thieves, steal this easily, right?
Apparently they can. :)

vince516

so if youre a lawyer and don't know the law on the topic at hand, it's appropriate to express worthless commentary? have you no better use of your time?
my question pertains to consumer protection law as required by Amazon and Telecheck.
I will persecute anyone they find responsible- but either way, there should be some liability on the part of Amazon/Telecheck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">