• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telephonic hearring request?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? I live in Az. The case is in Fl.

I have filed a Contempt of Court form for a case in Florida, but I live in Az now. I am dissabled, and cannot afford to go to Florida for a hearring. Is there a form to fill out to request a telephonic hearring? I did not see anywhere on the Contempt of Court form to request this. I have contacted the Family Law case worker, and was told in a recorded message to state my info. I did so, but wondered if there was a form online that I could go ahead and fill out, so that I can get the ball rolling.
Is there such a form? And if so, do I send it to the Clerk of Circuit court or should it be sent to the Family Law case mgr?
Thank you in advance for any info. that you can provide.

K~walkssoftly

Gracie3787

walkssoftly said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Az. The case is in Fl.

I have filed a Contempt of Court form for a case in Florida, but I live in Az now. I am dissabled, and cannot afford to go to Florida for a hearring. Is there a form to fill out to request a telephonic hearring? I did not see anywhere on the Contempt of Court form to request this. I have contacted the Family Law case worker, and was told in a recorded message to state my info. I did so, but wondered if there was a form online that I could go ahead and fill out, so that I can get the ball rolling.
Is there such a form? And if so, do I send it to the Clerk of Circuit court or should it be sent to the Family Law case mgr?
Thank you in advance for any info. that you can provide.

K~walkssoftly
There isn't any specific form for requesting to appear telephonically. You can write a short note requesting to appear telephonically, and explain your reasons. Send it to the clerk of court, Family Law case worker and, if needed a copy to the judge's secretary or scheduler.

if you can speak to the case worker, ask her/him about it also. Usually when the request is made, the clerk's office will tell you what time and number to call. It should be easy to do, but don't wait until the last minute.

Thank you

Gracie3787 said:
There isn't any specific form for requesting to appear telephonically. You can write a short note requesting to appear telephonically, and explain your reasons. Send it to the clerk of court, Family Law case worker and, if needed a copy to the judge's secretary or scheduler.

if you can speak to the case worker, ask her/him about it also. Usually when the request is made, the clerk's office will tell you what time and number to call. It should be easy to do, but don't wait until the last minute.
Thank you Gracie3787 for your help. I appreciate it. I have just written the letter, and will send it out asap!
God Bless,
K~walkssoftly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">