• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp 20 and snow- thread is locked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
State of Illinois
My daughter was sent out of the house in Crocks (ya know the rubber shoes).
We went back to get shoes for her and was told no. Go with Dad, Dad yelled at the boyfriend to go buy her a pair of shoes and clothes, she's not going with anything else.

How close was I?
The changes I would make to the above translation:

The shoes are called Crocs.
The boyfriend yelled at the child to go with dad and that dad should buy her a pair of shoes.

Basically a bunch of immature individuals pretending to be adults. Dad should buy clothes and inform mom that boyfriend's behavior is not appropriate.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

The changes I would make to the above translation:

The shoes are called Crocs.
The boyfriend yelled at the child to go with dad and that dad should buy her a pair of shoes.

Basically a bunch of immature individuals pretending to be adults. Dad should buy clothes and inform mom that boyfriend's behavior is not appropriate.
Just like translating toddler, its all open to interpretation. Actually, you're translation sounds closer than mine did. I agree with your conclusion. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">