• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp Child placement In. an Az.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Grandma 1

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My daughter had my g child at the age of 16, father was the same age. The first 3 years of the child life the father moved to Or, In. an now in Az. This summer my daughter went to school for truck driving and now driveing across the US for the first year.
Till she gets her time in to get something local. I have her daughter. THe father has never Paid his support, as ordered an is over $10,000. behind, this order was only for $25. a week an has been in effect for over 6 years.
This summer, the Granddaughter went to live with him for the summer months. He called me an didn't have the money to fly her back home for school, so I paid for the Tickets. I've enrolled her in school an she, bought her schools clothes an paid for her books.
Now I get a call from him, sayoing that he's comeing to get her, because he's the father an my daughter is not in the home because of her driving. I have not a problem with him taken the child , But It's his life style, While he had her this summer I found out the he is into body Pain and Tattoing. (for the one's not jknowiing about body Pain it's when they put the fish hooks into the skin an pull you up into the air).
Help, I don't want to go to court about this, but this is not the life for a 6 years old girl.
My daughter, thinks this is OK for her, I think their both SICK,
What can I do?:

F

frusteratedgf

Grandma 1 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana
My daughter had my g child at the age of 16, father was the same age. The first 3 years of the child life the father moved to Or, In. an now in Az. This summer my daughter went to school for truck driving and now driveing across the US for the first year.
Till she gets her time in to get something local. I have her daughter. THe father has never Paid his support, as ordered an is over $10,000. behind, this order was only for $25. a week an has been in effect for over 6 years.
This summer, the Granddaughter went to live with him for the summer months. He called me an didn't have the money to fly her back home for school, so I paid for the Tickets. I've enrolled her in school an she, bought her schools clothes an paid for her books.
Now I get a call from him, sayoing that he's comeing to get her, because he's the father an my daughter is not in the home because of her driving. I have not a problem with him taken the child , But It's his life style, While he had her this summer I found out the he is into body Pain and Tattoing. (for the one's not jknowiing about body Pain it's when they put the fish hooks into the skin an pull you up into the air).
Help, I don't want to go to court about this, but this is not the life for a 6 years old girl.
My daughter, thinks this is OK for her, I think their both SICK,
What can I do?:
Well if he takes you to court then you are going to have to get a lawyer and go...file for custody since it seems that you are the one raising her anyways. Why does your daughter think its ok to just leave her child with you to drive a truck?

B

Bonni623

just an idea, NOT legal advice

I am not a lawyer, therefore have no legal advice to give you, but my opinion is, you are better suited to raise this child than her parents. It seems like mommy and daddy have made a new life for themselves, and have no room for daughter. If there is any possible way under the sun to apply for custody of your granddaughter, you should do it. Daddy needs to prove he is a stable person, and can provide a decent home life for daughter. And it sounds like the mother needs to put her priorities in order too. You mentioned a court order for child support for the dad, but is the mother of this little girl giving you money? Truck drivers make pretty good money, and considering it is HER daughter, she should kick some money your way! it is both parent's responsibility to make sure she is taken care of. If he is too low lifed to pay you, she needs to! ( she should anyway, even if you are receiving support payments from dad) This is just my opinion, you should contact a family lawyer in your town to see what your options are!

Best wishes you you and your granddaughter!:)

I

Illinois Dad

I am having significant math issues today! Seems to me that $25 per week over six years is about $7,800, but what do i know???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">