• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp Disability Benefits Query...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frank28

I live and work in New Jersey. I became ill with a gastrointestinal infection while on my honeymoon in the Dominican Rep. I am unable to work in my regular 40hrs/wk job and I am about to apply for temporary disability. My question is: will I still be able to receive temporary disability insurance payments if I work at my 3 hrs/wk part-time teaching position? I am afraid of losing this part time position if I don't teach!

I would sincerely appreciate any advice in my matter. I've had a lot of unfortunate luck in the past few weeks. Thank you for any help in advance.

Frank

Last edited:

ecmst12

That's really going to depend on the policy but I suspect not. To receive disability benefits, a doctor must certify that you are unable to work at all.

Beth3

Frank, that's a question only your employer can answer. It depends on whether the STD Plan allows benefits for partial incapacity (although none I've seen do.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">