• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp.supervised visits,temp. custody in 1999

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Alaska
In 1999 the court ordered my childrens father temp. supervised visits, while they conducted the investigation on him. He did not cooperate with the investigation. I handled the case up until I missed a filing and paniced. After waiting the 60, 30, and or 90 days and finding out that his lawyer had no more interest in the case I hired a lawyer, who did nothing. Didnt return my calls etc..
Where does this leave me?
I have recently married. My childrens father is a drug dealer, alcohol and drug abuser, never has had a steady job. Never arranged supervised visitation. On 5 occasions sence June 1999 I have coursed him into seeing his 3 year old. He denied fathering the 2 year old, and a paturnity test settled that. He has seen her maybe about 5 times. He doesnt show up. Gets very ugly if I hesitate during a phone call concerning him visiting after he has stood them up. My girls love my husband. He is an upstanding citizen. And an awesome father figure.
What do I need to do to secure my children with me. I can do the paperwork myself buy I would need to be coached. I know that I may have to give my right leg to anyone well educated on the subject. And my girls are worth everybit of my right leg.
I dont have a problem with supervised visitation. He wont show up anyway.

Pronounce :(




Does he pay support for your children?
Ask him to give up his parental rights in exchange for any support that he may be paying....and have your husband adopt the children. Don't involve your children with this idiot any more...he is only going to hurt them...Don't push him on them; He doesn't show up, ect.
You can't make him love your kids...all you can do is love your kids more.


50.00 per child=100. monthly

I believe that his last lawyer or someone else may have told him that as long as he sees them every now and then. It would be hard for my husband to adopt withoout his consent. So he pops up every few months or so with some lame excuse as to why he hasnt visited them. Or he figures out some way to blame me for his not visiting them.
I am going to stick with the supervised visitation. With the hope that he wont agree to it. And I am making plans to take it back to court to get permanent custody and supervised visits. I dont want to seem like I dont want him to have visitation. (though I really dont) I keep hearing that the courts frawn on that)

What happens when the non- custodial parent fails to comply with visitation guidelines?. (showing up)

Thanks for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential