• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Child Custody to Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, Ca

I have a girl friend that has 2 kids. The kids have lived with her since birth. One is 4 years old, the other 2 years old.

Recently, back in mid December of 2003, the father was served with papers from the DA, stating that he owes child support and back pay.

Last week, my friend received a court notification, specifying that the father has temporary custody of both kids.

It turns out that the father went to the court, lied and said that the kids live with him, and that he wants custody. Apparently, they have granted him temporary custody.

His motivation for lying, is that he does not want to pay child support. He rather take custody of the kids, since he lives with his mommy. Child care would virtually be free.

What can she do? He supposedly has gone to her house with police. How can this happen? He has not seen the kids for over 9 months, and they have always lived with their mom.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.



There is no way they would give him temporary custody without giving her a chance to contest it. Did she receive any papers before now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential