• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cosita6

What is the name of your state? New York

I live in the state of Missouri but my custody is being handled by the Suffolk County Family Court in Long Island, New York.

I have temporary custody of my son after the judge gave everyone a surprise drug test and my X and her husband both tested positive for marijuana. My wife and I both tested negative, of course.

We have been to court several times but now I got a letter from family court telling me that my case was transferred to the Supreme court in Happaugue. What does this mean and who requested this transfer. I object to this because I was very happy with the family court judge that was handling my case.

please get back to me. Thank you for your time

BJ

VeronicaGia

Mostly just bumping your post in hopes that someone will help you.

Maybe the temporary order was appealed to a higher court?

Anyone else have an idea?

C

cosita6

Temporary custody

Yes, it could be that my X is appealing the temporary custody. However, shouldn't I have received some papers from her attorney letting me know about this appeal? I just go a letter from Family court telling me that the entire file was transfered to Supreme court. This looks fishy.
:confused:

VeronicaGia

Once again trying to bump your post.

Is there a phone number of a specific person on the letter you received? If not, try to contact the clerk of the court that sent you the letter, and also the clerk of the new court, and ask them what's happening.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">