• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary disabled in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY
I've just been released from the hospital after an injury. I don't have short term disability and I'm in trouble. doctors say I'll be off from work 4-6 months for recovery. My ex has pursued full legal action both times when I've gotten behind on support having me jailed in both occurances. I've not missed a payment now in about 4 years and have since had my support adjust to where I'm paying against the arrearage every week. After our divorce I went for several years without paying anything, dodging the law. That was no way to live and I'm in church now supporting my children faithfully. My question is can I legally have my arrearage payments suspended until I can get back to work. She won't understand but I don't know how I'm going to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential