• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JudeMG

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I lost my full-time job in April, and due to a misunderstanding, thought that I had until the end of June to file for COBRA, when I actually should have filed by the end of May. Consequently, I have been without health insurance since that time. There is an excellent possibility of my getting a full-time job in January with the company where I still work part-time, but until then, I was wondering if getting temporary health insurance in the interim is a good idea.

On the one hand, it is much less expensive than regular health insurance, but on the other, if some health crisis occurs during the time I have this insurance, I would be unable to renew it (due to "pre-existing conditions"), should the job in January fall through for some reason. Also, if I would take this insurance, and then move to coverage with my employer, would I be able to get a Certificate of Continuing Coverage from the temp insurance company? Thanks in advance.

C

CIAA

JudeMG,

I'm sorry, but the Certification you refer to only applies under the HIPAA regulations when moving from one Group plan to another Group plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">