• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacelyn22

What is the name of your state? Texas
My boyfriend and I recently got temporary joint custody of our 2 1/2 year old daughter. He was ordered to move out of our apt., but still pay the rent. He also has to pay child support. I've been a stay at home mom even though my daughter recently started going to daycare. In the papers that I was served it says that the child has to remain in daycare. The judge didn't say anything about daycare. I can't afford to keep her in it. Is that something that he needs to continue doing? Also, is it possible that when we go for permanent orders that I would be able to make the decision on what state she lives in?

NotSoNew

why is your daughter going to daycare if you are a SAHM and dad is paying your rent?

and no you wont get to decide what state your daughter lives in, you would have to request the courts permission to move, if dad objected you have to prove that its in the childs best interest (not yours) to move and you would be resposible for the transportation costs for your daughter to visit her father.

Zephyr

you will probably have to petition the courts to be able to leave dad's general area with the child.

also if the child is in daycare, then why can't you go to work? he is not going to be ordered to pay your rent forever.

BL

Also, is it possible that when we go for permanent orders that I would be able to make the decision on what state she lives in?
No YOU can not make a decision , Only the Court can .

About day care , If it's ordered , it must be followed .

Now that the Father is out of the Home , and the child is in daycare , what are YOU doing to provide for
the Child and Yourself ?

casa

stacelyn22 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
My boyfriend and I recently got temporary joint custody of our 2 1/2 year old daughter. He was ordered to move out of our apt., but still pay the rent. He also has to pay child support. I've been a stay at home mom even though my daughter recently started going to daycare. In the papers that I was served it says that the child has to remain in daycare. The judge didn't say anything about daycare. I can't afford to keep her in it. Is that something that he needs to continue doing? Also, is it possible that when we go for permanent orders that I would be able to make the decision on what state she lives in?
moving away with joint custody is the most difficult. The father doesn't have visitation- he jointly raises and parents the child.

If the judge said the child stays in daycare- she stays in daycare. Get a job, then you can pay for it. When the X stops paying your rent, he'll have to pay 1/2 daycare- and you can pay 1/2 daycare.

stacelyn22

My daughter goes to daycare because there is no family around and she was never around any kids, so she originally went to play with other kids. I have been looking for a job, but its hard to find work when you haven't worked in 3 years. My boyfriend is a truck driver and is never home, so I have basically been raising her by myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">