• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

braziliangrrl

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband just gave me divorce papers saying I get 10K when I sign and 40K more when I move out and the papers are finalized.
In August 1999 he was my then boyfriend, I quit work and went to school so I could move up north with him where he worked. He knew he was going to be my only means of financial support and even claimed to be so in a letter to the university for residency status. We married in August 2002 and have since moved to Florida. I am trying to finish school with 23 credit hours left. I signed a pernup and he says that if I don't take his offer and contest I get nothing according to the prenup. It this true? I really need to know quick please.

H

hexeliebe

the mere fact that you are here asking questions tell me that even if you did read the prenup you would still not know if you had a chance to gain more support or not.

Take the prenup to an attorney for a Legal opinion or type it in it's entirity here.

And if you don't have a copy of it tell hubby that the only way you will even consider taking the agreement is if he delivers a copy of the prenup and gives you five business days in which to make a decision.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
VG's right. If it went to court, you'd likely be told to go your separate ways with what you entered the marriage with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">