• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tempory emergency custody based on lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ayrolle23

What is the name of your state?NC

The father of my child has taken temporary emergency custody of my child, on his lie that I have abandoned her from August 2004-August 2005 and had moved to another country. Truth is my husband went back to work in his native country of the Bahamas, and I was back and forth visiting, due to the frequency of my visitation with him, I allowed my parents and sister to watch over her each time I was away.I even signed a tempory guardianship letter. Well to begin with when this child was concieved I was 14, and the father was 19, why my parents chose not to file statutory rape charges, I will never know, and because of this my life has virtually been a living Hell. I really don't understand how he can state that I abandoned my children, he would not know these facts because he hardly ever comes to visit the child,as a matter of fact he has contacted her less than 4 times since I began traveling back and forth, once when I was away my parents would not allow him to take the child, because it was not a visitation day for him, even when he brought law enforcement, they told him that he could not have visitation, for reasons unknown to me at this time. Also, he has had to go to court two separate times for contempt of court for non-payment of child support and has never had medical insurance on her as stipulated on the consent order that was established when she was seven months of age. She is now seven years old. He wants to take custody from me. I did not abandon her, because I never resided in the Bahamas,(even the Bahamas government states that I don't and never tried) and he would know this if he spoke to his child on a regular basis. I was anticipating moving because I loved the quality of life better there, it would be better for my children,cause they could get off of childcare,medicade and go to private schooling and I would pay all the fees so the child could visit him,even giving more visitation time.So I informed him when I was sure of wanting to move.He also filed that I was planning to kidnap my daughter and take her out of the country, if I had planned to do this, I never would have asked him did he mind me moving(which I did and at the time I asked him he stated he did not mind as long as I still allowed summer and Christmas visitation). I just need some advice on my chances, because my daughter was taken maliciously and on false pretenses. Also because of this my other son, whom I have sole custody of was given to his biological father without any court order or formal papers instructing that he be given over to this man, even when the DA's office had instructed the Deputy that he was suppose to release my four year old son to MY CUSTODY not the father.(who,frankly, has only seen once in his entire life), because of my daughter's father's lie that I planned to kidnap the children, I have now temporarily lost both of my children, and now my husband is moving back and we are getting our own place in North Carolina,because it would help our case,and WE DON'T MIND SACRIFICING FOR THE KIDS. We would appreciate any input to our situtation.

Thank you,
A Rolle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">