• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenancy expiry date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Willy Tan

What is the name of your state? Singapore

My tenants gave notice on Sept 23 to quit by Nov 11 even though the tenancy expired by end Sept. as she will be posted overseas
to work. However on Oct 20 she requested for an extension to November end. The very next day she changed her mind and wanted to quit by end October.

Meantime, she had used up her security deposit to offset her last month but had paid an advance of ten days for November.

Are they entitled to a refund of the deposit which was done in favour on Sept 12 when utilities were terminated due to delayed payment on my part.

Meantime I have negotiated for the new tenants to commence on Nov 15 and cannot be altered even though we tried to do so given the amendments by the current tenant.

Please advise given the urgency of the matter.

Regards
Willy Tan

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Willy Tan said:
What is the name of your state? Singapore

My tenants gave notice on Sept 23 to quit by Nov 11 even though the tenancy expired by end Sept. as she will be posted overseas
to work. However on Oct 20 she requested for an extension to November end. The very next day she changed her mind and wanted to quit by end October.

Meantime, she had used up her security deposit to offset her last month but had paid an advance of ten days for November.

Are they entitled to a refund of the deposit which was done in favour on Sept 12 when utilities were terminated due to delayed payment on my part.

Meantime I have negotiated for the new tenants to commence on Nov 15 and cannot be altered even though we tried to do so given the amendments by the current tenant.

Please advise given the urgency of the matter.

Regards
Willy Tan

"U.S. LAW ONLY - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">