• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant Below Built-In AC Torture - Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Whose fault is it? Certainly not mine. Am I not entitled to a peaceful home?

My mattress in on a metal frame and I've put small wooden pieces between the mattress and the frame, so that most of my bed doesnt even touch the frame.

Would the fact that the AC passes vibrations to me be considered substandard housing?
Pieces of wood would likely increase the vibrations rather than dampen them. That is why people are suggesting rubber feet over the bed frame feet.

FarmerJ

Nick you know they will acclimate to the weather in your area like it or not , its just taking them LONGER since summers are not hot in Iceland even though they have a lot more hours of sun than you or I , they will get used to the heat and slowly use less and less AC, its same way around years ago when one of my neighbors moved back to MN from Fremont CA, she froze most of the winter her first winter then she got more used to it and her second winter was much easier for her. If this is a window unit then ask the LL if there is some thick round foam gasket can be put between the unit and all the wood surfaces so say as the compressor fires up or fan speed changes it shouldn't vibrate as much .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm from Canada. In the upper 80's and lower 90's heat we've been having in Massachusetts all summer, you can bet I'm using my AC all night and I don't give a damn if you don't like it. You are not entitled to your "peace" at the expense of someone else who is not breaking any laws or doing anything but run an appliance the way it's supposed to be run. The law is not going to force your neighbors to turn off their air conditioning because you don't like it.

justalayman

What does the folks being from Iceland have to do with anything?

Google

Equipment spring isolator

You should be able to find something you can adapt to the legs of your bed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">