• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant does not want to leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spastranas

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I have 3 questions
1. I have a tenant on my condo with whom I do not have a written contract. he has not paid rent for June or July and I am filing an eviction against him. 3 month ago he brought someone to live with him, but I do not know his name last name or anything about him (so I have filed all papers and notices only in my tenants name). If the judge files in my favor and my tenant is evicted, will the other guy have rights to stay?

2. James (my tenant) claims that he did some work for my ex-husband and therefore his rent is paid for.
It is obviously a lie, but I do not know how to prove that he has not done any work or give any money to my ex-husband. Is a notarized letter signed by my ex-husband enough? is there a legal form he has to use?

3. The tenant has the place in very bad conditions (carpet will need to be replaced, house will need to be painted, etc... he claims it was this way when he moved in, is there anything I can legally do to charge him for the damage done? I have no written contract, and all I have may be pictures from 6 months before he moved in.

Please advice

HomeGuru

spastranas said:
What is the name of your state? Idaho

I have 3 questions
1. I have a tenant on my condo with whom I do not have a written contract. he has not paid rent for June or July and I am filing an eviction against him. 3 month ago he brought someone to live with him, but I do not know his name last name or anything about him (so I have filed all papers and notices only in my tenants name). If the judge files in my favor and my tenant is evicted, will the other guy have rights to stay?

**A: possibly but it depends upon the exact order and judgement by the court.

2. James (my tenant) claims that he did some work for my ex-husband and therefore his rent is paid for.
It is obviously a lie, but I do not know how to prove that he has not done any work or give any money to my ex-husband. Is a notarized letter signed by my ex-husband enough? is there a legal form he has to use?

**A: your ex needs to appear as a testifying witness at trial.

3. The tenant has the place in very bad conditions (carpet will need to be replaced, house will need to be painted, etc... he claims it was this way when he moved in, is there anything I can legally do to charge him for the damage done? I have no written contract, and all I have may be pictures from 6 months before he moved in.

**A: you can use the pictures as evidence along with your testimony.
Please advice

**A: good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">