• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant HOA fines? Please HELP!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

Please help... I move 600 miles away from my home about 2 years ago and in the meantime I had a management company take care of the renting out my house while I was gone. About 3 months into a lease with the rental tenants I get a notice from my Home Owners Association for the tenants parking in the grass over night, which is against HOA rules. Within 2 months I received about 4 of them at $75 each and each one has the violators license plate number on it. So I copied them and sent them to the management company for them to handle. The management company sent the tenants a letter with fine papers attached stating that they cannot park in the grass and so far they accumulate $300 in HOA parking fines in the last 2 months that needed paid. They were also told to read the HOA rules and regulation handbook that was furnished to them when the moved in. In the rules it states "no overnight parking in the grass". The reason I didn't forward fines right away was because I was busy with a startup small business out of town and spent 24/7 on that and thinking that the tenants would have gotten a copy of each fine as it happened. A copy on their windshield or one in the mail but they didn't. Only one was sent to me the owner of the house. So the 2 months went by and they received 4 fines without the tenants having no knowledge of them until I had them forwarded. The real problem came when they continued to park in grass and accumulated a total of $1800 in fines throughout the next 8 months. They were furnished the HOA hand book, told verbally when the moved in, verbally two more times throughout the lease and a written letter once, . They continued to violate the rule. The management company said they did all they could by sending the letter and that I had to take care if it from there? Which I think is wrong...but I don't know.

I recently moved back in house two years later and found out there is a lean on it stemming from the fines. All I want to do is get my $1800 to payoff the fines (includes $10 late fee and lean fees imposed for each month past without payment made). The fines were sent in my name as the owner of the house but with the violators license plate noted on them.

The Question is can I legally go after them and how do I go about it with having their name only and no legal knowledge. No new address or phone number to go on and I have no Idea where they currently live. If I have a course of action please let me know? I really don't know anything about the legal system at all.

ANY advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Dwayne

HomeGuru

hoobie said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

Please help... I move 600 miles away from my home about 2 years ago and in the meantime I had a management company take care of the renting out my house while I was gone. About 3 months into a lease with the rental tenants I get a notice from my Home Owners Association for the tenants parking in the grass over night, which is against HOA rules. Within 2 months I received about 4 of them at $75 each and each one has the violators license plate number on it. So I copied them and sent them to the management company for them to handle. The management company sent the tenants a letter with fine papers attached stating that they cannot park in the grass and so far they accumulate $300 in HOA parking fines in the last 2 months that needed paid. They were also told to read the HOA rules and regulation handbook that was furnished to them when the moved in. In the rules it states "no overnight parking in the grass". The reason I didn't forward fines right away was because I was busy with a startup small business out of town and spent 24/7 on that and thinking that the tenants would have gotten a copy of each fine as it happened. A copy on their windshield or one in the mail but they didn't. Only one was sent to me the owner of the house. So the 2 months went by and they received 4 fines without the tenants having no knowledge of them until I had them forwarded. The real problem came when they continued to park in grass and accumulated a total of $1800 in fines throughout the next 8 months. They were furnished the HOA hand book, told verbally when the moved in, verbally two more times throughout the lease and a written letter once, . They continued to violate the rule. The management company said they did all they could by sending the letter and that I had to take care if it from there? Which I think is wrong...but I don't know.

I recently moved back in house two years later and found out there is a lean on it stemming from the fines. All I want to do is get my $1800 to payoff the fines (includes $10 late fee and lean fees imposed for each month past without payment made). The fines were sent in my name as the owner of the house but with the violators license plate noted on them.

The Question is can I legally go after them and how do I go about it with having their name only and no legal knowledge. No new address or phone number to go on and I have no Idea where they currently live. If I have a course of action please let me know? I really don't know anything about the legal system at all.

ANY advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Dwayne
**A: drop it; you're too little too late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">