• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant is angry EX boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AMccallan

I own a home in Wisconsin. My boyfriend and I broke up and he wanted me to "quit-claim" my house to him (Everything is in my name alone). I refused and told him if he wanted to continue living there he needed to sign a rental agreement which he did (I moved to Iowa). Things of course have gotten ugly. My question is this; the house is commercially zoned and we had operated a business in one half of the house. The business is also in my name alone. I realize I need to give him 24 hours notice before entering the house but can I enter my business without notice?
Also how can I get him out of the house? Can I break the lease without cause and evict him? I do not want a adversarial relationship. But I would like him out of my life completely.
One other question, when I moved out my belongings I had no choice but to leave some things behind because of time and space issues, he has informed me he has been throwing these items away. He believes any items I left in my house are now his property is this true?
We were never married!

HomeGuru

Hire an attorney in Wisconsin. You have too many problems....residential lease, business partnership, entering the premises, eviction, personal items being thrown away...No wonder you just left but you left many things unresolved.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 12-01-2000 at 10:23 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">