• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant/landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mellostars

What is the name of your state? California

With the landlords permission, and at my exspense ( because he renigged on paying for it) I redid the backyard, planting grass, and putting in a brick patio. Nothing permenant or fancy.
The backyard had been destroyed by the previous tenants and the landlord knew I needed a place for my daycare kids to play, and verbally told me to get estimates to have it done, which I did.
He frowned at the cost, offering to reimbuse me and do it myself.
So I did.

Now, he wants me to pay someone of his choosing, to re lay the bricks because they were not laid out properly and are not straight and he claims that to devalue his property, which by the way he has for sale, and the reason I had to move.
And he has made claims I damage the community driveway by using acid to clean the oil and fluid stains. On two sep. occasions, I rented a pressure sprayer to clean the driveway, and once used a commercial blacktop/driveway cleaner, purchased from the hardward store. I used a brush like it said to do. It did discolor
those parts of the driveway, but not by purposedly fault of me.
He withheld a large part of my depoist, claiming it now needs to be resurfaced. Can he do that?
( I DO have receiets for the chemical and pressure washer)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">