• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant Moving Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b6mcc

What is the name of your state? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Me and my two other roomates have all signed a 1 year lease. The one roomate was unhappy with the living situation and has just moved out. She is however still paying her potion of the rent. My problem is that we all agreed to pay equal portions of the utilties. SHe is not saying that because she in not living at the apartment she will not pay any of the utilties. Me and my roomate cannot offord the utilties on our own and are getting behind on our bills. Is there a way to make her pay?
Also she still is keeping various things in the apartment (bed, tv, dresser, etc). Can we take these untill she pays her portion of the utilties? Please help! [email protected]

HomeGuru

b6mcc said:
What is the name of your state? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Me and my two other roomates have all signed a 1 year lease. The one roomate was unhappy with the living situation and has just moved out. She is however still paying her potion of the rent. My problem is that we all agreed to pay equal portions of the utilties. SHe is not saying that because she in not living at the apartment she will not pay any of the utilties. Me and my roomate cannot offord the utilties on our own and are getting behind on our bills. Is there a way to make her pay?

**A: take her to court for breach of contract.
Also she still is keeping various things in the apartment (bed, tv, dresser, etc). Can we take these untill she pays her portion of the utilties? Please help! [email protected]

**A: where would you take it?

B

b6mcc

We would put it in storage or at a friends place until she paid. Is this legal even if she is still just paying for he rent??

JETX

"Can we take these untill she pays her portion of the utilties?"
*** No. Unless you are her landlord (and would then have a 'right of landlord lien'), you have no statutory authority to hold her property as 'hostage'. However, you do have the right to contact her in writing (certified RRR) and ask that she remove her property within a reasonable number of days. And that if she doesn't, it will be deemed as abandoned and disposed of without recourse.

H

hexeliebe

I've been to a lot of those in my 50 years and have yet found a decent garage that is worth buying :(

H

hexeliebe

Damn, knew there was something I was missing....

Guess there won't be any at the auction I'm going to on the 16th either :( Just a bunch of old damn furniture and estate crap.

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
Damn, knew there was something I was missing....

**A: you missing more than something boy.

Guess there won't be any at the auction I'm going to on the 16th either :( Just a bunch of old damn furniture and estate crap.
**A: then why go?

JETX

Hell, maybe you can buy one of those 'dressers' with the false bottom drawer full of money (as another on the forum did).
I did that once and found $1.3 million dollars.

Problem was.... it was signed by President Jefferson Davis!

H

hexeliebe

Hell, maybe you can buy one of those 'dressers' with the false bottom drawer full of money (as another on the forum did).
Then I guess I'd have to come back to the forum and ask about all the legality of keeping the money or finding the rightful owner....

Wonder if I'd have to "DIG" him up?

JETX

I did call them (the 'Confederate Stash Investigators'). They said that the money I found couldn't be spent!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">